Monday 15 October 2012

make - easy nook wall installation





















My husband and I just moved into a new rental unit and I have been busy decorating since day 1 of our move.  Our bedroom had a weird nook wall, perfect for a queen size bed without the frame. To cast interest to this wall, I had originally wanted to apply a funky wallcovering to this area, however since the unit is a rental, our landlord would most likely not be thrilled if he found out he would have to remove my funky wallcovering when renting out the unit to a new tenant. I didn't want to paint either, so I decided to apply a black vinyl tape to the wall. The tape is easy to install and easy to remove.  It's not super sticky and won't ruin the wall if you want to peel the tape off later.


 For this project you will need:
  • wall ( preferably with angles) 
  • black electric tape
  • scissors






















Don't worry about marking the walls, just go with the flow. Start with opening the tape and applying it to the wall, try to make the tape stick to the wall in a straight line. Play with the angles of the walls. You can continue the tape along the walls or cut with scissors if you want to change the angle. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment