Saturday 20 October 2012

make - decorate cupcakes Seseme Street style


I don't always bake, actually, I almost never bake, but when I do, I decorate what I bake.  I'm not a baker, so I'm not ashamed to say that I used chocolate Betty Crocker cake mix and vanilla frosting to make these lovelies. If you're fancy, you can be more creative with awesome batter and frosting recipes.

For my bloody Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster cupcakes I used: coloured frosting, I flavored the green frosting with matcha and the brown frosting with cacao (so that's a bit fancy), I used food colouring to dye the frosting.  For the eyes, I used yogurt covered peanuts and painted pupils with melted chocolate using a toothpick. I had to sacrifice some cupcakes to create height by building on top of my cupcakes and then roughly frosting the outer layer. I used a spoon and toothpicks to apply my frosting. I inserted half of the bottom part of a my sacrificed cupcake into Oscar's mouth and a whole mini chocolate cookie into the Cookie Monsters mouth.  I diluted some red frosting with water and dripped it over Oscar's mouth, cuz it's almost Halloween and blood is gory and people like that! So that's that! Adults and kids loved them, yey!



No comments:

Post a Comment